Today my husband and I celebrated my Dad's birthday; he's 84 today. We went to a local restaurant for brunch and then just goofed off a little. He and Mom seemed to have a good time, as did we.
Twenty-nine years ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer. It was a horrible time, as then there weren't as many options for treatment. But he took whatever the doctors suggested. It must have been horrible for him at the time. As I hugged him goodbye this afternoon, I thanked him for doing all he could at the time to get well.
I can't think of what the last 30 years would have been without him. He has been a rock to me personally during difficult times and helped raise my son. There are countless other times he's been of help both to me and to others. The world is better because he's living.
Happy birthday, Dad; I love you....
No comments:
Post a Comment